I feel like this year has been really good to me in regards to art and commissions.
Every artist knows it's a constant learning process, and I have a few New Years Resolutions for my artwork in the coming year.
1. Participate in more bazaars. Last year I only participated in two, but they were very fun! I work on the weekends so it is difficult to get away. But there are some bazaars that are held on Fridays
2. Get better at watercolor landscapes. I recently purchased "The Complete Watercolorist's Essential Notebook" by Gordon MacKenzie and I absolutely love it!
3. Paint more feathers and bones. I've been painting turkey feathers, and I have been astonished at how fast they sell! I paint animals on them, and they have become extremely popular (this is just based on previous interest in my art, and in comparison I have probably doubled the interest).
4. Really stock up my Etsy account. I had my first purchase from Etsy last week and it made me feel really good that someone who has never met me liked my art enough to buy a print
5. Try gouache. My uncle bought me a gouache set and I really want to try it out.
Have a happy New Year! Thank you for all your comments, faves, watches, and overall support!